Krill (Euphausia Superba) are shrimp-like crustaceans (type of shellfish) that live in the oceans, most concentrated in the West Atlantic. They eat small microscopic plants (phytoplankton – a rich source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids, EFAs, and chlorophyll).
Nutrigold’s Antarctic Krill soft gels confer several advantages for delivering Omega 3 EFAs EPA and DHA. Benefits include:
- Contains natural levels of EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that confers health maintaining properties (and gives krill oil the red colour), as well as protecting the krill oil from oxidation preserving Omega 3 EFA content and keeping the product fresh.
- EPA and DHA in krill oil are found as phospholipids (rather than triglyceride forms found in fish oil), which enable greater absorption via fat digestion pathways within the digestive tract therefore enhancing bioavailability of these important essential fats.
- Phospholipids in krill oil mix with the stomach contents so there is no associated reflux or fishy burps/aftertaste that can occur when taking fish oil.
- Small capsules are easy to swallow.
- Nutrigold krill oil sourced by Aker BioMarine, a Norwegian fishing and biotech company that are one of the leading fisheries in the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) sustainability and traceability programmes.
- Utilises environmentally-friendly krill harvesting technology (Eco-Harvestingâ), which maintains the nutritional integrity of the krill and minimises environmental impact by releasing unwanted by-catch (non-krill species) unharmed.
- Nutrigold krill oil is free of environmental contaminants – because krill liver at the bottom of the food chain, they are virtually free of contaminants.
2 capsules daily with food or as directed by a practitioner.
Krill Oil (from shellfish ). Capsule Shell: Marine Gelatin (from fish ), Glycerol, Water.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Allergen Information: See ingredients in bold
Storage: Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken. If you take anti-coagulant (blood-thinning) medication please consult your doctor before taking this product. This product is derived from shellfish so is not suitable for people with shellfish or fish allergies.
FREE FORM :